Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Sponsorship Communications and Marketing Manager in London, UK or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office worldwide.
Save the Children is the world’s first, and largest, independent children’s rights organisation. Our founder, Eglantyne Jebb, wrote the first draft for the UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child in 1923, and we’ve worked to uphold it ever since. Generations later, her pioneering work is being influenced by children themselves. Today, we are still going strong, working in over 100 countries worldwide to build a world where every child can thrive, grow up healthy, educated and safe, and look forward to a future full of promise.
In early 2022, after a review process, the Save the Children’s Global Sponsorship program launched their new program guidelines. The new direction of Sponsorship will engage country offices, communities and partners in all aspects of Sponsorship to address issues of inequality and discrimination so that ALL children survive, learn and are protected. Through long-term program commitment to partner with communities (10+ years), insistence on program quality and provision of stable funding, the future Sponsorship model will engage in social change strategies to tackle the underlying causes of discrimination and improve outcomes for children at scale.
The primary objective of the Sponsorship Communications and Marketing Manager is to develop a communications and marketing strategy for internal and external audiences that will help ensure a clear understanding of the new Sponsorship model and its importance in delivering on our strategy.
The role will also oversee the production of consistent, audience-friendly messaging and communications materials that reflect the impact that children, communities and staff experience with Sponsorship in the 21 countries where the program is implemented.
Success will be a regular stream of communication from those who participate in our programs, and clear communications materials to facilitate staff and Members in promoting, growing and evolving our Sponsorship programs.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Passion and experience in international development work
- Fundraising / Marketing copywriter with strong English skills
- Knowledge of mass audiences, medium/high value donors and corporates
- Understanding of programming and ability to translate complex programmatic information into external / donor facing language
- Research skills to search, identify and interrogate existing information to improve for future use.
- Ability to brief and manage a freelance graphic designer to create infographics and designed templates and documents / reports
- Ability to liaise with external translators to manage the translation of all documents into key global languages.
- Ability to brief and manage a freelance web page designer to create home for sponsorship on external site
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, build, influence and maintain strong working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives including programmatic, policy and advocacy technical experts that may have low capacity in business and finance acumen.
- Track record of storytelling, visualization & prototyping of ideas successfully & efficiently
- High level of fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative networks and influence, externally and internally
- Strong remote-working abilities with global teams based in different time zones.
We can offer circa £45,600 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.